12/21/2007

dickseverywhere

On black friday, i got a hella good deal on an Acer 17" LCD Flatpanel monitor. its usually $189, but i got it at the register for 149 bucks and I just mailed in the rebate for 60 bucks. After the rebate comes in, I will have basically gotten this awesome monitor for 89 bucks. KICKASS.

The best part is that i didnt have to wait at like 6am to get it. I got it 30 minutes before i got off of work (about 9pm). I feel awesome.

It was funny, some dolt asked me at the register about some harddrive or sumfin, "hey if i buy this harddrive today and then find out it goes on sale for black friday can i get a price match? :>"
"uhm, no." I mean come on, if we did that there would basically be no black friday. The point of black friday is that there are awesome deals on everything, but in order to get them, you gotta be there and you gotta deal with the crowds. If you can handle that, your patience will be rewarded with awesome savings on things you want.

Anyway, I was scared shitless about 6 days ago. I did 3 of my finals for school but i realized i had misread the final schedule and missed my english final. I panick'd. HARD. I got my grades back from the teacher and the grade was a D. I then realized that he forgot to grade a paper that was worth 10% of my grade, so it showed a zero on my report card. I scanned the graded paper and sent him a copy via email. That paper had a C- grade on it, but i still got a 72% (C) grade after he graded it. I thought my gpa would still be fucked and my mom was really upset about it. I don't blame her, any less than a 3.0 gpa means no financial aid for college.

Well it turns out he didnt factor in the grade for another paper, my argument essay (worth 15% of my grade D:) so he factored that in and that raised my grade from a 72 to a 73 (it didnt raise as much because at first the essay wasn't even listed in the report card.) I thought i had exhausted all hope, but i went to my instructor anyway to get some papers. I had mentioned that i got a C or something and he was like "uhm no you made a B in the class."

Thats right, during the semester, the extra credit i did added like 6.11 percentage points to my grade, which raised my grade to a 79.somethingsomething. It was enough to make my grade a borderline case, so my teacher bumped my grade from a 79 to an 80, giving me a B in the class and a 3.0 GPA for all my classes.

I'm fucking amazing.

No comments: