11/18/2007

Awesome

So yesterday I just got my desktop back. Why did I not have it? Well I'd tell ya why but the reason involves me whining about how my parents are gay and take shit away from me. It was gone for about a month, so I used my laptop to do my everyday Internet surfing. By "everyday Internet surfing", I mean secondlife. Playing secondlife on a laptop that has vista with no graphics card and 1 gigabyte of ram, and getting 2 frames per second at any given time is my exact idea of fun. Seriously, I'd do it every day if i had the opportunity. So when i got my desktop back, which has a graphics card and is a bit faster, i was getting like 20fps in the game. Fuck yes.

About vista. Of course you're probably saying "yeah vista sucks ass why would anyone ever use it >:|" Well buddy, that's where you're wrong. Vista's actually pretty damn good, it's just the laptop I use for it is a piece of shit. Seriously I was talking to this one dude on secondlife and he's all "Well windows anything sucks balls. I installed linux on my computer and I get 50fps at any given time." and i was like "well what's the specs?" "well I got 3 Gigabytes of ram with a [some really nice ass processor i forgot the name] and a 500 gigabyte harddrive." Well SHIT no wonder you're getting 50 frames per second. You've just got one nice motherfucking computer.

So what if vista's kinda slow? If you have trouble running vista on your computer, you need to turn all the shit off on it. This includes that Aero theme, some graphics effects, a bunch of services, and using msconfig.exe to kill some startup programs. That's it, if you just do those 4 things and if you have at least 1 gigabyte of ram, you should be running vista like BUTTAH. If you still can't run it right, you should consider buying a new computer. Don't bitch about how vista is a resource hog or how microsoft makes too much money off of bloaty software. If you can't properly run an optimized vista, your computer sucks. It also pisses me off when people say "OH THIS GAME REQUIRES VISTA BUT VISTA IS A RESOURCE HOG SO IT'LL MAKE THE GAME GO ALOT SLOWER." If you are playing a computer game and its being slowed down by the operating system on your computer, then why are you playing games on the computer? Your computer should be doing things it was built to do, such as read and write .txt files, run DOS executables, or perhaps read data from 5 1/4" Floppy Diskettes.

Anyway, enough about vista. I got a trackball mouse the other day, and quite frankly I love it to bits. It fits my hand like a glove and its good for my severely cramped desk. It's funny though, I bought a much shittier one at Computer Direct outlet for about 30 bucks. It was one of those ones from logitech that looked sort of like an ugly tumor with a dotty red ball on top. So i get this thing and head to CompUSA. When i get to the mice isle of compusa, i see the exact same trackball mouse for $19.99, and a much nicer mouse for $34.99. While i was looking at this mouse, a sales guy was handling a customer behind me. He saw that i was looking for a mouse, so he did what any good sales rep would do: he took a horribly overpriced mouse, shoved it in my face and went back to his customer. The mouse was a basic wireless optical two button mouse with a scroll wheel. BAM! FIFTY BUCKS! Why so expensive? I can get a wireless opty mouse for half that price. Well this fifty dollar mouse has 1800DPI resolution!!! 8O and the sales guy said that i can "adjust the sensitivity on it! yknow, like make it go across the screen faster or slower" and he made a hand motion as if i was too goddamn stupid to understand what he was talking about. I was like lolno. So i returned the shitty mouse, got the nice one, and now it's on my desk. i wub it.

That was my awesome week(s). im gonna go to bed now im tired

night

No comments: